question

Simo Hassi avatar image
Simo Hassi asked

BMV712 not found after firmware update

After I updated BMV712 firmware to 4.13 the BMV is not found by Color Control GX. I have rebooted the CCGX and restarted EasySolar and reconnected BMV cable but with no success. The BMV works and is showing correct information but it's not transmitted to the CCGX, which only says that "Battery monitor is not found". Any ideas?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Simo Hassi avatar image
Simo Hassi answered ·

Loose cable! So embarrassing...

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nesswill avatar image nesswill commented ·
Don't worrie we all do it at least you let us know and this will help others, well done for sorting it.
0 Likes 0 ·
Marc Heymans avatar image Marc Heymans nesswill commented ·
Have all done that mate so no worries
0 Likes 0 ·
Marc Heymans avatar image
Marc Heymans answered ·

Please go into your remote console and go to system setup and check what is selected for battery monitor. You may have to actively select the BMV

2 |3000

Simo Hassi avatar image
Simo Hassi answered ·

In battery monitor setup there is no BMV option available even if VE Direct cable is connected to BMV and CCGX. If I select "Automatic" then battery monitor is not found. When I go back to site on weekend I will once more check the cables and disconnect/connect shunt power cable for rebooting that as well.

2 |3000