question

Stephen Gannon avatar image
Stephen Gannon asked

Fronius Gen24 6.0, Cerbo API - link broken from FW update >2.92?

Hey Huys,

I have an installation with Cerbo, Quattro 15kva and Fronius primo gen24 6.0 AC coupled on ACout1, has been running fine however since updating Cerbo FW >2.92 there seems to be an issue with the data displayed on the VRM dashboard ie PV Inverter is missing. (also tried to update to 3.01, same issue). For some reason the PV inverter is locked onto Multiphase on ACout1 howver i beleive this was Phase1 previous to FW update. The Gen24 inverter still displays correct values in Console.

1689899454103.png

1689899463541.png

1689899469668.png

Fronius
1689899454103.png (72.5 KiB)
1689899463541.png (68.3 KiB)
1689899469668.png (63.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

8 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Stephen Gannon,

Laurence reported a similar issue here and resolved it by power cycling the Fronius GEN24.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/216945/ac-coupled-fronius-gen24-single-phase-reporting-as.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

David avatar image
David answered ·

Hi Guy, DPA have two installers with this same issue that hasnt resolved with cycling the power on the GEN24 , nor other trouble shooting issues. Do you have any other suggestions?

David

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @David,

There are specific fixes for this added to a beta version 3.20 for the GX - https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/244325/venus-os-v32027-available-for-testing.html

Also it's very important that "SunSpec" is enabled on the Fronius side - this is a new step that wasn't previously necessary (or was enabled automatically) that is now required.

See here for the steps on how to do that - Q6 What do I do if my Fronius PV-inverter is detected as Unknown PV-inverter, or Multiphase, or cannot be configured as 3-phase?

I think those should resolve it for now.

There are yet even more improvements to this detection coming, and will probably be included in the final 3.20 release.

0 Likes 0 ·
David avatar image
David answered ·

Hi Guy and Craig, big thanks for following up. We'll check these and come back to let you know if it fixes the issue. David

2 |3000

David avatar image
David answered ·

I've checked in with both installers and both are still planning to get to sites as these are both remote.

2 |3000

David avatar image
David answered ·

After chatting with an installer in Western Australia with the same problem, Toby may have a solution below (have a go to see if this works):

Hey David

I managed to work it out.

So, if you added the Gen24 without enabling the modbus TCP the GX associates the Gen24 as a multiphase inverter. Even if you then turn the Modbus TCP on it still thinks it is multiphase because it has associated that inverters serial number with multiphase.

To fix this I factory reset the Cerbo GX following this process.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Venus_GX/en/reset-to-factory-defaults-procedure.html

You can then rescan for PV inverters and it found it as the correct Gen24 primo 5kw

Hope this helps someone else.

Toby Dhue

2 |3000

David avatar image
David answered ·

Hi Toby (Brenton and Matt) and all other people who have spent a day or more working on this, DPA is adding a tech note until this issue is corrected:

If connecting to Fronius GEN24 with Victron, FIRST go into GEN24, Tick Modbus TCP (slave), then, connect to Cerbo.

If you don't Cerbo will need complete reset with thumbdrive link below (ie – once the Cerbo sees the GEN24 without step 1 above, its game over and a full reset is needed)

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Venus_GX/en/reset-to-factory-defaults-procedure.html

Cheers all

David

DPA Solar

2 |3000

h-m-heating avatar image
h-m-heating answered ·

Hello all,

Surely Victron can change the GX software in an update to allow this to be changed from a fixed Multiphase setting to be able to select L1, it seems archaic to have to do a complete Factory reset to get this to work?

Thanks

2 |3000

h-m-heating avatar image
h-m-heating answered ·

Now it all works

The solution is to configure SunSpec support on the PV-inverter.

In the Fronius Gen24

API needs to have been Selected

• Communication
  • Go to the Modbus tab
  • Set Data export via Modbus to tcp.
  • set Sunspec Model Type to int + SF
2 |3000