question

Keith Arnold avatar image
Keith Arnold asked

How do I split the energy reading for ac out 1 and ac out 2

I have a Multiplus single phase with a Fronius primo on ac out 1. I want to see the power going to Ac out 1 loads and ac out 2 loads separate. And hopefully logged on VRM portal.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Keith Arnold
The currents are not measured separate for the ACout 1 and 2

best regards
Martijn Coster - Victron Energy

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Keith Arnold avatar image Keith Arnold commented ·

Can a current sensor be put on 1 or 2 to split it and will these be recorded separately in vrm and shown separately on CCGX?

0 Likes 0 ·
tommas avatar image
tommas answered ·

Is using an ET112 energy meter maybe an option for you?

Internally they aren’t split from each other but you can use an energy meter To measure them ‘outside’ the multi.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/energy-meters:start?_ga=2.230227867.641682148.1562164842-1848970031.1562164842

1 comment
2 |3000

It seems the document explains the et112 meter as connected to the input so how will it split ac out 1 and 2.

This might be useful if one has loads direct on grid, not connected to ac out 2.

Would an AC current sensor work if I connect it to either ac out 1 or ac out 2. Not sure if the set up will figure out what to do with it, not investigated the settings.

0 Likes 0 ·
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Best would be to run it in ESS, and not use ac out 2. The energy meter (ET112) is installed after the mains connection, before the ac loads, and also the ac input to the Multi. Then the load measurements are split. See this: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:quick-installation-guide

2 comments
2 |3000

Then would the fronius zero feed-in still work, just getting control from the meter and not the Multiplus?

0 Likes 0 ·

Would installing an AC Current sensor on either out 1 or out 2 work?

0 Likes 0 ·