question

Brendan Butler avatar image
Brendan Butler asked

Battery settings in MPPT 150 35

Hi,

I have a MPPT 150 | 35 connected to https://www.aussiebatteries.com.au/batteries/deep-cycle-agm/2x-130ah-12v-eclipse-agm-deep-cycle-battery the batteries are connected in parallel.

I would like to know what to use in the battery settings page (accessed via bluetooth).

I have changed some settings to match what I "think" they should be going by the page I linked to above but I would like someone that knows more than me (nothing) to make some suggestions.

Thank you

Brendan

MPPT Controllers
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Brendan
I thought I'd written a response to this, I probably got distracted and didn't actually press "send". Sorry.

JohnC has got you covered.

0 Likes 0 ·
Brendan Butler avatar image Brendan Butler wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

All good :)

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Sorry Brendan, cracks are for slipping through. Not Victron's fault, most of us are amateur helpers. :)

The default settings in your /35 are likely ok. But you have the maker's ones, so they'd be fine too.

With paralleled batts, and the possibility of imbalance as they age, you could consider lowering the Absorb V down a little to say 14.2 - 14.3. That's just a how-far-can-I-push-em thing, so up to you. If you can detect a daily difference in yield, you're better than I.

Leave temp compensation up if your mppt is closish to the batts. So you may see V wander from your settings with temp, but it's by design, and good..

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Brendan Butler avatar image Brendan Butler commented ·

Thank you,

I appreciate the reply :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Brendan Butler avatar image
Brendan Butler answered ·

Are these settings ok?

Taking into account the link in the first post, that lists the specs of my batteries.

battery.png (33.4 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

Yeh, I'd be happy with that. Opinion only, others may differ, and that's fine too.

The new firmware (1.42) I'm not up to square on, and the 6hr Abs may be more than you need, depending on how it is 'adapted' in your configuration. Coming off the southern winter solstice, I can't even test it..

I guess you're in the south too, and suffering the same poor days. What you have there now should be fine, but ask again if you suspect something amiss.

1 Like 1 ·
Brendan Butler avatar image Brendan Butler JohnC ♦ commented ·

Thank you John :)

Yep I am in Bendigo Central Vic.

1 Like 1 ·