question

lalluyn avatar image
lalluyn asked

Do you use Node-red ?

Good morning,

Anyone using Node-Red here? I am looking to force my MPII 5000 to only use the grid or solar during the day (never the battery) or use the grid when AC Load is for example greater than 2500W?

Node-RED
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Moved to modifications section.
0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @lalluyn

I used node red but not for what you're describing. However it is very doable what you describe. However I dont think you need to use too much of node red as a lot of the features you describe are supported natively. The only element you'd need node red for is automatically enabling/disabling the features at specific time if that's what you're looking for.

For example "only using grid or solar during the day" would occur if you use ESS with "keep batteries charged" enabled.

The second part of your question "Use grid when load greater than 2500". You can also achieve by setting "Limit inverter power" in ESS to 2500w.

The only time you'd need node red then is to automatically edit these settings at specific times etc, rather than writing everything from scratch in node red.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

With scheduled charging/discharging you can control when the batteries are allowed to discharge/charge and the SOC thresholds where it will charge from grid as well.

This coupled with an inverter limit will do what you want without having to resort to node red.

Have a read through the relevant sections in the ESS guide.

2 |3000

lalluyn avatar image
lalluyn answered ·

Ok thank you for your answer.

So if I understand your say, by limiting inverter power at 2500w, if I have load with more that power, complement power will be used from grid ? Exact ?

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
correct.
0 Likes 0 ·