question

thomas-k avatar image
thomas-k asked

How to load later

I like to load my battery later...

System: ESS with 1x Multiplus II + Pylontech-Battery - Grid-connected - EM24 + CerboGX - AC connected to seperate Photovoltaic.

It does load from PV and provide current if my house needs -> all fine.

Now i like to add PV-Panel using Victron MPPTS and pump directly into the Battery - so simply connect MPPT to CerboGX and Battery will be nicely charge unti full. ... this panels will only pump by ~11am.

Problem: By 10am Battery is filled by existing PV = New PV-Panel can not load anything.

How to priorize my new PV-Panels

MPPT ControllersESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Assuming you have DVCC enabled. I guess the extra panels are there for added PV capacity in winter, or are you trying to increase grid output?

You might be able to do it with Node-Red installed on the Cerbo, but why?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

thomas-k avatar image
thomas-k answered ·

Hi Kevgermany,

you assume right, additional panels are mainly intended for winter -> wall-mounted.

Despite lower summer-yield -> it does deliver also in summer... -> use as good as possible.

and now comes the pain...

My PV installed in 2014 does pay by EEG, which has a cool drawback - if want to add PV then I need aditional Cascade-Meter to count + my cabinet is full = huge ammount of invest for ~3kWpeak.

So the basic trick (leagl) is to load with new panels into battery only, as it is for self-consumption.

I did observe that Cerbo could send (after loading battery via MPPT) surplus power into grid, but that would not be leagal in my context.

This Node-Red is a program-language? There you program "modules" which you install into Cerbo like this "assistant" you install in order to have ESS?

Regards,

Thomas

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

@Thomas K.

There's a lot of Node-Red information in the modifications space. Basically it is included in the venus os large, which you install on the Cerbo, then program from there. But check its capability first. I will move this question to the modifications area for you.

2 |3000