question

Matthew C avatar image
Matthew C asked

ET112 AC energy monitors not showing after upgrade to Venus 3

System is 2 x ET112 (1 is non victron AC-PV charger monitor, the other an AC load monitor), Victron SmartShunt (battery monitor) and a Cerbo GX.

Since the OS auto updated to v3 the ET112-based info is not showing up on the remote console or VRM.

I have confirmed that everything is showing up in the device list and I've reconfigured the ET112 as a PV & load monitor (it seems like this config had been screwed up).

Any tips as to what's going wrong? Another post alluded to temporarily plugg in an MK3-USB dongle (to make the OS think there's an inverter maybe?).

Cheers, Matthew

et112 pv readings
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthew C avatar image
Matthew C answered ·

Still no luck with this! Does anyone have any ideas where to look?

I don't understand why the energy meters show up in the device list but not on the dashboard / VRM.

I tried plugging in a MK3-USB adaptor.

I guess the next thing to try is downgrading the OS to 2.94 - is there any info about which version broke this functionality? Maybe Victron should test their updates more thoroughly before releasing them FFS

dashboard.png

dev-list.png

dashboard.png (30.1 KiB)
dev-list.png (39.2 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Juraj Nikolov avatar image Juraj Nikolov commented ·

@Matthew C

Stupid question, but I'll ask anyway :)

It measured before ? Or did you upgrade venus and then connect as new devce ET112 ?

If you connected it additionally, the question is whether you have connected the RS485 - USB converter correctly.

Or if you use USB-hub, if it has power :)

If yes you can try to use STC013-000 100A/50mA for 1phase mesuring ;)

In any case, it should be able to measure through the multiplus even without these external gauges.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic