question

techoverland avatar image
techoverland asked

SmartSolar 150/70 not charging, and not showing on Cerbo GX

I have read all the support questions, and they usually lead to a bad fuse.

All the fuses, and connections are good, and have been checked. Including battery/solar/fuses.

1. The MPPT doesn't connect to the Cerbo GX. I have a Ve.Can connection.

2. MPPT shows no wattage from solar panels, but power is coming into the MPPT.

3. I've checked every connection, and every setting I can think of.

4. This MPPT has never worked. Not from day 1.

Screenshots:

img-2928.jpg

img-2927.png

img-2926.png

Any help would be great before I turn this in for warranty.

MPPT Controllers
img-2928.jpg (147.2 KiB)
img-2927.png (268.4 KiB)
img-2926.png (246.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@TechOverland 1. The MPPT doesn't connect to the Cerbo GX. I have a Ve.Can connection.

Do you have the Can Terminators in place? Using a new rj45 cable? Are you plugged into the correct (Can) port of the Cerbo? And is the port set to the correct bit rate?

2. MPPT shows no wattage from solar panels, but power is coming into the MPPT.

You have PV voltage, but 0.00v as the battery voltage (odd). What does the battery voltage read at the mppt terminals with a multimeter?

Your screenshot shows battery temp as 113f ?? That is not coming from the SmartShunt, do you have DVCC enabled on the Cerbo?

Your SmartShunt start battery voltage reads as 0.02v. If there is no connection to the SmartShunt aux terminal, set the port to "none"

Having DVCC and SmartNetworking both enabled, can cause errors. Dont use both at the same time.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

techoverland avatar image techoverland commented ·

img-2929.jpg

At the MPPT terminals.

I disconnected the ve.can cable and used the cable that was on the smart shunt.

Still nothing with the smart networking removed. I think I am going to claim warranty on it.

0 Likes 0 ·
img-2929.jpg (1.9 MiB)
ffvictron avatar image
ffvictron answered ·

if you have already disconnected it the MPPT for 5 minutes and tested again, my suggestion is to attach a service report so support can look at it https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/troubleshooting.html#UUID-98bc9211-902b-01a0-96b9-1f314c4d63c5 .

I forget to mention, asumming all devices' firmware are up to date. did you check your MPPT bit rate for the CAN connection? in the cerbo GX settings services > VE CAN it will show few options there.

2 |3000

techoverland avatar image
techoverland answered ·

I called Battleborn and they accepted the warranty claim. They checked everything with me while on the phone and said it was a faulty controller.

A new one is on the way.

2 |3000