question

klaudiagyogyfiova avatar image
klaudiagyogyfiova asked

24V caravan system

Dear customer service,

I would like to apply to my van 24V system, I have attached the pdf. ls this system properly designed, what can I do better? Thanks for your advices.

With kind regards,

Klaudia24v-system.png

24 V system.pdf

system designsystem integration
24v-system.png (183.6 KiB)
24-v-system.pdf (610.1 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
@klaudia.gyorgyfiova you should edit your username to remove email details.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@klaudia.gyorgyfiova you can not use a battery protect for both loads and chargers. No for large inverters (as load)

your pv panels should be on separate mppts as their voltages wont be similar enough.

7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klaudiagyogyfiova avatar image klaudiagyogyfiova commented ·

if I understand correctly, it's enough to remove battery protection and the rest of the system will be ok? what would happen if I put both of the panels to one MPPT regulator?

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ klaudiagyogyfiova commented ·

what would happen if I put both of the panels to one MPPT regulator?

it might not work very well. Or the larger panel could set fire to the smaller panel should it go faulty.

the panels voltages must be similar to be used on the single mppt.

1 Like 1 ·
@klaudia.gyorgyfiova The battery should have a fuse sized to suit the cable and multiplus current draw.

You could use a SBP 65 for the 24v fuse block to ensure that the lights, pumps & stuff gets disconnected before the batteries BMS shuts down due to low voltage.

Likewise the multi must shut down before the battery disconnects.

0 Likes 0 ·
klaudiagyogyfiova avatar image klaudiagyogyfiova klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Thank you for your response, and can I use battery protect also before the inverter? (like on the scheme, before the main electricity consuption) It will be enought the 60A fuse between DC/DC charger and starter batterry? Can you advice a trustworthy schem to count the fuse? Thank you soo much 24v-updated.png

0 Likes 0 ·
24v-updated.png (187.1 KiB)

@klaudia.gyorgyfiova As mentioned previously, you can not use a SBP on large inverters to disconnect their DC supply.

As per SBP manual you can use the SBP to turn the inverter off via the inverters remote port (some models), otherwise program the inverter to turn off at low voltage, before the BMS shuts the battery down.

sbp-inverter.png

0 Likes 0 ·
sbp-inverter.png (202.1 KiB)
klaudiagyogyfiova avatar image klaudiagyogyfiova klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Super, thank you so much. For this purposes can I use Inverting remote on-off cable?

0 Likes 0 ·
@klaudia.gyorgyfiova What model inverter?
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic