question

usernamepasswordbs avatar image
usernamepasswordbs asked

Access Node-red via internet remotely

I've found that when I open VRM from elsewhere than at home, the Venus OS Large button doesn't "work" so I can't access Node-red.

Maybe this has been answered before but I have spent a couple of hours this morning searching and reading without finding the solution but perhaps I am not using the right terminology or something.

What I have learned is I think, the way for me to access the Cerbo from afar is to set up a DDNS. So I would like to know if there is a way to set up the Cerbo as a DDNS client?

Node-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

It should work more or less 'out of the box'. Do you have vrm 2 way communications enabled in the cerbo settings? Are you using a VPN? I found that I sometimes had problems with accessing node red remotely with a VPN active on the home network. I set the cerbo to be outside the tunnel and have not had any issues since.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

usernamepasswordbs avatar image
usernamepasswordbs answered ·

2-way comms is enabled, no VPN. I've created a DDNS.net account and the tests i've done show that the domain name is connecting to the public IP of my router. But if I try to access the router from elsewhere then I get an error message, "Page isn't working".

On the router settings I'm trying to work my way through NAT/PAT "personalised rules" but I don't know what I'm doing (again!) Should the Cerbo be HTTP or SSH for example?

I basically want the venus.local:1881 page available from anywhere.

2 |3000