question

aquapiranha avatar image
aquapiranha asked

Charging Lifepo4, batery never gets a charge

Hi. I have a Lifepo4 battery, with inbuilt BMS. I have connected the battery, a load, and I am using a bench PSU to sub for a panel, With the PSU voltage at 15v, the battery state is always at 'off' and never charges. What am I doing wrong? I have set the battery to lifepo4 in the settings, and the panel always shows as 0 in the graphic on the status screen. Many thanks Steve

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
svtti123 avatar image
svtti123 answered ·

Pv input voltage must be 5 volts greater than battery voltage for control to wakeup and start charging and 1 volt greater thereafter to keep Charging can you increase psu voltage to satisfy the controller requirements?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

aquapiranha avatar image
aquapiranha answered ·

Thanks for your answer. It does leave me in a bit of a pickle though since it means I will not be able to use the victron with a Powerfilm solar panel rated at 14W, 900mA @ 15.4V. It seems I will not be able to use this system then, oh dear. Ebay beckons! Steve

2 |3000

aquapiranha avatar image
aquapiranha answered ·

Well I have utilised a 24v PSU I had lying around so at least it will charge now, however, rather than the PSU I wanted to use a solar panel out in the field.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic