question

ibbrian avatar image
ibbrian asked

Multiplus II shuts on/off when plugged into shore power in "on" position

Hello! Had my system installed for about 2 weeks. Sorted out all the bugs except 1. Last week while plugged into shore power inverter in "on" position, for several mornings in a row, the pass through shore power would turn off, then on again. It seemed to be only in the mornings? No AC's running, very little load. Batteries were fully charged through solar. Did it one morning like four times where it actually shut the inverter off. I had to physically turn the button on and off again to reset. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Being that you say it happens only in the morning with no ac running, it may be the high voltage disconnect. You mention shore power, are you in an RV park? The grid voltage may be slightly higher in the morning when nobody is running the ac yet. Check what the incoming ac voltage is when this happens, and compare that to your settings in veconfigure. Do you have an ems? If so, that may also be worth looking at.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ibbrian avatar image ibbrian commented ·
This situation happens even when running my gen set 6000w diesel onan gen. I've metered output of gen and it is a consistent 120v
0 Likes 0 ·
ibbrian avatar image
ibbrian answered ·

Derrick, thank you for your response. We are on the road and we have plugged into a house. The last 2 days and 3 nights seem to be fine. Today at about 9:30 a.m., inverter shut down again. When I look at the Bluetooth interface, it shows where the battery icon would be it says "unknown". Through the Bluetooth app, I turned the inverter off and on. Seem to work fine for about 5 minutes, then turned off again. In invert only mode, doesn't seem to have a problem. It only seems to have a problem in the pass through "on" mode.

2 |3000

ibbrian avatar image
ibbrian answered ·

Can you also explain what EMS is?

2 |3000

ibbrian avatar image
ibbrian answered ·

Still having this problem on inverter turning off-on-off-on once a day randomly even when running off of gen set onan QD 6000watt diesel gen. There is little to no load during this time. I have metered my output voltage from gen and it is a consistent 120v. Please help!

2 |3000

waninae39 avatar image
waninae39 answered ·

it is a good practice to place an EMS in front on the Multiplus. it ensure no over/under voltage as well as miss wiring at camp sites ( which is not rare unfortunately)

1 comment
2 |3000

ibbrian avatar image ibbrian commented ·

This situation happens even when running my gen set 6000w diesel onan gen. I've metered output of gen and it is a consistent 120v

0 Likes 0 ·
rh5555 avatar image
rh5555 answered ·

Have you tried turning off the UPS function under Settings...Grid using Connect? Might help...

2 |3000