question

wannibi avatar image
wannibi asked

ESS Throttling

I have noticed lately that if "Optimised with battery life" is enabled, and the doc limit is set to 80% for instance and the batteries is at 50%, the MPPT throttle output to match only the max charge current and the source the load power from the grid. As soon as I lower the limit to 50% or below, the MPPT throttle up, and charge the batteries with the same power as before as well as the loads. Am I missing a setting somewhere? I have played around with "without battery life" and this do not change anything.

MPPT ControllersESSess settings
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Juraj Nikolov avatar image Juraj Nikolov commented ·

@Wannibi

I had the same problem.

In my case, upgrading MPII to ver. 505 is fixing this problem (charging and discharging batteries from / to grid)

But I rather think that somewhere in the firmware there is a bug in how MPII evaluates the AC-in & AC-out measurement and then it goes crazy :)

Check what values the MP shows you and measure it with a clamp ammeter :)

I'm guessing that the clamp ammeter will have different values than the MP, it will show quite differently :)

1 Like 1 ·
gabius avatar image gabius commented ·
Same issue, I’m not the only one reporting it, but the answer is « your configuration must be false » anyway it worst without trolling if I stay under 1400w.

So nodered, and when more than 1400w inverter mode only.

It fixes it by now

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers