question

brennywa avatar image
brennywa asked

Gen 24 not showing on GX

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPGHi

I have just set up a GEN24 Primo and Victron Multiplus 2DC coupled to MPPT450/100. DC side is working correctly however the GEN24 will not come up on the dashboard. The GX device has found it and shows what it is producing but is not using power as it should. There are no loads on the AC Input side (non essential) except for the Fronius Gen 24. The only thing I find odd is that when I look at the GEN 24 in devices it says it is multi phase but it isn't as its single pahse connection and its a Primo.Capture.JPG

Multiplus-IIAC PV Couplinggen24
capture1.jpg (42.0 KiB)
capture2.jpg (50.6 KiB)
capture3.jpg (49.8 KiB)
capture.jpg (44.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Lawrence avatar image
Lawrence answered ·

I have a very similar issue. My Gen24 is also showing in the PV inverter set up as multiphase and i cant change it. It is showing in VRM as producing power on L1 and L2. Its installed on the AC Out, and its distorting the Critical Loads consumption. Bay Gen 24 single phase inverter that thinks its 2 phase.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

brennywa avatar image
brennywa answered ·

At least your is showing on dashboard I suppose. Won't come up on mine

2 |3000

brennywa avatar image
brennywa answered ·

Is your grid code on fronius set to microgrid or as4777. Mine is 4777 wondering if that's the issue?

3 comments
2 |3000

Lawrence avatar image Lawrence commented ·
As my Gen24 is on the AC out, its set to MG50. As yours is on the AC in you need to keep it in 4777. Have you Enabled Modbus TCP in the services menu on the GX?
0 Likes 0 ·
brennywa avatar image brennywa Lawrence commented ·

I have enabled now but no difference as yet.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lawrence avatar image Lawrence brennywa commented ·
Did you reboot the GX after you Enabled Modbus TCP? If not try that and then re scan for PV inverters
0 Likes 0 ·
Lawrence avatar image
Lawrence answered ·

Managed to fix my issue.

In the PV Inverter setup on the GX, the Inverter was displaying as "Multiphase" as yours is, Bay Gen 24 single phase inverter that thinks its 2 phase_Resolved.pdfand we couldn't get into this menu to change it like i could on other AC coupled sites i have.

A re boot of the GX didn't resolve it, but a re boot of the Fronius seems to have resolved it.

I now have access to the menu and have changed it to L1 and it is operating fine.

2 |3000

h-m-heating avatar image
h-m-heating answered ·

I also have a problem with the Victron app not showing two Fronius Gen24 solar production, they are connected to the victron output it has shown this information in the past but somewere along the way of updates it seems to have stopped reporting it, I have tried rebooting the GX and I have tried rebooting the two Fronius but still it will not show the information.

I have noticed that it is set Muliphase in the settings which cannot be changed to single phase which maybe the cause of the problem.

The Victron recongnises the two Fronius Inverters in the Device List and shows the output on the device list, API is set in the Fronius menu.

Any ideas that may resolve this please?

2 |3000