question

mike-peacock avatar image
mike-peacock asked

Inverter Overheating

My Multiplus 24/3000/120 is overheating and shuts down. It IS hot because I'm in Texas and the inverter is installed in a basement compartmetn of my RV. My question is how best to keep it cool? Should I install a vent fan in the door? Is there a better option I'm not thinking about?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Yes, you need to vent the hot air out of the compartment. Otherwise the heated exhaust from the Multi will circulate back to the input and temps will build.

Forced air cooling may be necessary for the compartment especially in 100+ temps Texas is experiencing lately.

Make sure any ventilation does not let water from travel during wet weather into the compartment.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mike-peacock avatar image
mike-peacock answered ·

Thanks. It's what I presumed. Nothing like this exists already, I'll have to have someone help me devise a solution.

2 |3000