question

woroniak3 avatar image
woroniak3 asked

Multiplus 2 stopped syncing with generator power

I installed a Multiplus 2 - 24/3000 2x120v to my off grid camper set up this year. Initial install went as planned and everything worked properly for 2 months.

Batteries are charged via solar, with a generator as back up/ heavy loads such as air conditioning.

Recently the multi has stopped accepting the ac input from the generator. Using the mk3 and my laptop, I can see “L1 not in phase” when it attempts to connect

Input voltage is 124v freq 60.3 hz Coming from a firman W3650IR generator. Via a 30-50 amp dogbone adapter, then to the 50 amp cable to the multi

I’ve tried disabling the ups. enable dynamic current limit. Enable weak ac. Accept wide frequency range. Input current limit is at 10 amps (to not overload generator on start up) multi’s Charger is set to 30 amp. Grid code is set to none

I’m not sure what to try next other than a different generator.

Any help is appreciated Thanks

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
woroniak3 avatar image
woroniak3 answered ·

Update :

I have tried different generators and still got the same results. None want to sync properly with the multiplus.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Marc Heymans avatar image
Marc Heymans answered ·

Have you checked that your neutral from your generator is grounded? I have had problems before with generator inputs and the neutral not being grounded

2 |3000