question

billys1337 avatar image
billys1337 asked

Question about a possible AC feedback loop

Hey all,
I have a multiplus which is connected to a specific circuit after the breaker, and acts as a UPS during a blackout, providing power to important appliances like fridges. The house is normlly grid supplied. Additionally, I have a generator inlet plug for the entire house.

My question is: What would happen if I installed a 15 amp plug to the AC output of the multiplus and, during an extended blackout if I wanted to, connected it back to the generator inlet plug? This way, I could potentially power the entire house using the multiplus. (obviously within the limits of the muliplus's wattage capability).

I'm curious about what happens if/when the multiplus detects that there is AC power available from its AC input, but that power is actually coming from its AC output (due to the loop created by connecting it to the generator inlet plug).

Is this going to destroy the multiplus? Or is it able to detect this condition?

Appreciate any knowledge on this,
Cheers,
Bill

wiring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvas avatar image
mvas answered ·

No, you should not feed the AC output of a Multi-Plus back into it's own AC Input terminals

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources