question

azmacman avatar image
azmacman asked

BMV not displaying what I expect for solar

Using 6 12v bat with magna2000 inverter/charger and mppt100/50 solar charge controller. The bm700 will show the ah increasing when sing the onan generator. However, when using the solar system the ah don’t show increasing. I have the shunt connected to the (-) post on batteries and the load/charger side of shunt connected to the magna2000 (-). Why does it display correctly when using gen but not when using solar only? Do I have something wired incorrectly?

BMV Battery Monitor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Please take a photo of the installation

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

The fact that the BMV reads correctly when charged by one source indicates to me that the BMV is functioning correctly, but somehow the other charge source is by-passing the shunt and getting directly to the battery.

I recommend to check if there are any other possible current paths on the negative side - such as the battery being grounded to the chassis (before the shunt) and also the negative of the other charge source being grounded to the chassis.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.