question

Rodger avatar image
Rodger asked

AC1 input not working in General Settings

My Ac1 generator input in General settings is set to a limit of 20amps but when the generator starts the input reading and current draw is 50amps. How can I get it to set at 20amps please. Confused.

MK1 easy Solar , Multi plus, gx colour screen. 24/3000/70

Help would be much appreciated thank you.

current limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Rodger

If you also have the 'Overruled by remote' box ticked in the Multi's General Settings, just go to the Multi settings in the GX and set it there. Also available via VRM or the Marine MFD app. The last one entered will stick.

Don;t get confused though with the ACIN limit vs the DC charge Amps.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rodger avatar image
Rodger answered ·

Hi John thanks for your reply. I do have the over ride box unchecked as this was the first thing I thought of but still wanting 50 amps from my generator. How can I make it respond to my AC1 setting it just says that it is disabled when I check the ordinary colour settings. Why is it disabled please. Thanks Rodger

1 comment
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·
@Rodger

I would enable the 'Overruled by remote' checkbox in the Multi. Then you can use one of the several remote options to change it at will.

You do know how to work with VEConfigure? If not, please say so. The Victron website has the detail you need to accomplish this successfully, but we can't know how you stand with it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rodger avatar image
Rodger answered ·

Good morning John. A little more info. I can use victron connect via the mk3 usb and the solar control via the smart bongle but I do not have vrm access I think the model is too old so I drag my computer out and connect via the colour control everything in my outside shed. I have managed everything until the AC1 problem occurred.

I set the AC1 to 20amps and then try my generator and it flies up to 50amps output ignoring the 20amp set. If I just hit the AC1 input in the colour monitor without anything connected it says AC1 is disconnected and I should uncheck the remote monitor so I do this back in settings successfully. However it still says it is disconnected when I go but to just the colour monitor. This is where I need help why is it not letting me have the 20amp setting? Must be a check box somewhere i am missing, tried everything but the 20amp setting is disabled. Is there any solution please, does anyone else have this problem? Cheers Rodger

2 comments
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

@Rodger

I'm not really sure how you're doing this. The MK3 adaptor is for communicating with the Multi, not the GX. Nor via the GX. Just have it connected to the Multi, and pull the VE.Bus cable between the Multi and GX while you're making settings. And when you're finished with the MK3, remove it completely and reinstate the Multi/GX cable. There may be 2 VE.Bus ports in the Multi, but use just one at a time when making settings. You could also try a reboot of the GX when back in operating state.

When set up, do you see this?..1688456173332.pngTry changing it to see if it sticks. These are AC Amps, not DC Charge Amps.

0 Likes 0 ·
1688456173332.png (25.3 KiB)
Rodger avatar image Rodger JohnC ♦ commented ·
Hi John thanks all fixed now your help is much appreciated.
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

If you are trying to set the input current limit via the GX device (Cerbo, CCGX, etc) then "Overruled by remote" in VEconfig must be CHECKED.

If "Overruled by remote" is unchecked, you can not make input current limit adjustments from the GX device or other remote panels and the input current limit will be fixed at the value specified in VEconfig. That default for the Multi 3000 is 50 amps.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic