question

schlegeling avatar image
schlegeling asked

MultiPlus Compact 1600: Loud Humming / Shutdown

Hey everybody,

I have serious trouble with my MPC. It was bought along with two 12V 100Ah batteries two months ago. It worked finde until today (today is the first hot day of the year).

I drew constantly 300W from the fully charged batteries. After a very Loud hum the Inverter shut down. It attempted to reboot without success. Prior to the Shutdown the internal fan was not doing anything. I made a Video: https://youtu.be/Gysmp3WjTSc . The video was taken without any loads connected.

Amy suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
schlegeling avatar image
schlegeling answered ·

Unit was broken, was sent in and repaired.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Sounds like an overload or short circuit on the output. Is it possible to isolate all loads from the output as a test?

2 comments
2 |3000

schlegeling avatar image schlegeling commented ·

Thanks for the reply. That's what I did. The Video was taken without any loads connected (all circuit brakers were off) - I added this information to my questions.

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ schlegeling commented ·

Personally if I suspected a short (or something) on the output side of my inverter, I would unplug the inverter AC output lead.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Could you please measure the battery voltage especially just when the inverter light comes on.

if the battery voltage is held above 11 volts and the units still switch's to alarm still. I think you should take it back to the company you purchased it from for further checking

if the voltage falls away to under 10 volts then try charging the battery as it maybe very flat/ discharged and then try again.

a full battery without any load or charge should be about 12.7 volts

2 comments
2 |3000

schlegeling avatar image schlegeling commented ·

The lowest Voltage is 12.81V and I have 200Ah of Victron 12V LiFePo. My Battery voltage was 13.34V. I think it's due too overheating (in the evening it started working again). But, what I find very strange, the fan does not turn on. (The fan is still working, when I used a 1000W Espresso machine after it started working again, the fan turned on).

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B schlegeling commented ·

Good to here its going, keep a eye on it remember as it gets hotter it will de rate its output, so keep the area well ventilated

0 Likes 0 ·