question

jimzi avatar image
jimzi asked

Using BMV 700 with inverter/charger combo

I have a BMV-700 between my battery bank and a Sukam Brainy Eco 1100 (which is a solar inverter/charger combo)

Possibly a bit of a n00b question (i'm completely new to Victron equipment)

When the BMV detects 50% SoC (or whatever the threshold has been set to) and the relay disconnects the battery, how will the BMV know to reconnect the relay when the inverter/charger unit wants to start recharging? Does the BMV monitor both terminals on the shunt in order to determine this?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ·

If you are using the internal relay of the bmv, there is a value to trigger the relay and a value to clear the relay. If you have a Bluetooth module you can log in and check the settings.

If this is your only charge source then I’m not sure you’d want to use this relay for this purpose.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jimzi avatar image jimzi commented ·

The shunt says load/charger on one of its poles, which made me think it had a plan :) Also the BMV can be put in Default or Charger mode, which also indicated some kind of plan! But I suspect you are correct. Will test and post back here

0 Likes 0 ·