question

laura-brown avatar image
laura-brown asked

Audible alert when grid lost?

Hi - I am a very new Victron owner/user with very little technical knowledge but willingness to get involved and learn. My question...is there somewhere an audible alarm can be switched on that will allow the app on my phone to bleep when the grid is lost? I live in an area of unstable winter power and often am not aware the grid has failed unless I glance at the app.... appreciate any advice.

alarm
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
dmsims avatar image
dmsims answered ·

Do you have VRM (via a Cerbo or Pi) ?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

laura-brown avatar image laura-brown commented ·

Thanks dmsims, yes I have VRM and a Cerbo GX.. Cheers

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Yes, load the vrm app configure a widget and it will enable push notifications. All in the vrm app manual, a quick google away.

On the cerbo settings make sure under system setup, monitor for grid failure is enabled.

2 comments
2 |3000

laura-brown avatar image laura-brown commented ·

Thanks Nick and sorry to be a twit but when I scroll through the widgets available on my phone none of them leaps out as being alarm relevant... do you know which widget I should choose, there are 8 to select from:

Generator, Status (2 available), ESS, Environment, Tanks, EVCS, Tanks & Environment

Ta

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ laura-brown commented ·

Doesn't matter, when you follow the steps push notifications for any alarm that is generated (incl grid loss) will get sent to your device.

Have a look here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEb-DLvIIGQ&t=711s

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic