question

ruireis avatar image
ruireis asked

Synchronization of VE Can MPPT's with VE direct MPPT's

My original system consisted of 2 solar arrays connected to 2 X MPPT 150/70 (Ve Can) each solar array consists of 15 X 275W panels.

The MPPT 's are connected by (Ve Can) to a Cerbo GX.

I have added 2 X 3 570W panels connecting to MPPT 250/60 (Ve direct) connecting to the existing Cerbo GX.

The 2X MPPT 150/70 (Ve Can) are synchronised (they change state at same time) but the newly added MPPT 250/60 (Ve direct) is not synchronised with the other two MPPT's when it reaches absorption it then reaches float much faster than the VE Can MPPT's.

What can I do correct it.

MPPT Controllers
8 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Are all the MPPTs reading the same battery voltage?
1 Like 1 ·
ruireis avatar image ruireis Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Dear Alexandra

Please see the screenshots below.

I should have replied instead of creating answers.

0 Likes 0 ·
snoobler avatar image snoobler commented ·
This is normal behavior. Multiple chargers are only effective in the Bulk phase. Once absorption is hit current starts tapering off and chargers start falling off. VE.Direct smart solar units sync via VE.Smart network. VE.CAN MPPT sync via VE.CAN. There is no benefit to sync in terms of power capture.

Do you have a shared voltage source feeding open circuit voltage to all devices?

1 Like 1 ·
ruireis avatar image ruireis snoobler commented ·
Thank you very much.

Clearly understood.

0 Likes 0 ·
ruireis avatar image ruireis commented ·

Yes.

They are charging the same battery bank.

0 Likes 0 ·

screenshot-20230629-122216.png

Screenshots of MPPT's states

0 Likes 0 ·

screenshot-20230629-122427.png

Screenshots of MPPT's voltage and current.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvas avatar image mvas ruireis commented ·

WHY do you need the 250/60 MPPT (ve.direct) supplying any current?
The Battery Bank is already ABSORBING as much current as it needs / wants.
If the 250/60 MPPT supplied any amps then
the amps from the 150/70's would just be reduced.
The battery bank will not charge any faster, in Absorb mode.
I do not see any "problem".

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
tomg avatar image
tomg answered ·

I have the same problem with the synchronize, my system was ready. The two Ve Can Mppts and the two Ve direct Mppts flashed almost synchronously in the respective mode ( e.g. absorption ) In May I made a few small adjustments and installed the latest update in the Mppts, Cerbo and inverters. Values in the MPPts are standard / 56.8 volts. / since then the big Mppts Ve Can are in sync e.g. in absorption mode. Only the two Ve direct Mppts are no longer synchronous and the absorption LED only comes on for a very short time. I can't understand it, because it worked for a long time before. I think I saw that before the update, a Ve Can and a Ve direct Mppt were marked as masters.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

If you have a managed battery or a smart shunt make sure dvcc is enabled with SCS and SVS enabled, and disable the smart ve.network if it is being used.

2 |3000

tomg avatar image
tomg answered ·

Ve Smart Network the item is no longer present in the menu list in the MPPT since the update 1.61 and is also not used, Bluetooth is off. The 48Volt system (limited to a maximum of 56.8 volts) consists only of 3 x MP2, Cerbo, 2 x Mppt 150 /45, 2 x 150 /100 and Lifepo4 batteries with Daly BMS / limited to 57.6 volts and no connection to the Can BMS bus. The funny thing is that the big Mppts continue to go properly into absorption, only the two Ve direct Mppts do this only very briefly ( out of sync ) and immediately go back to bulk mode. The setting in the devices is - networked operation "Yes" and slave. Cerbo de-energizing, restarting MP2 and setting MPPT back to factory settings didn't work ( translatetion by google - german - sorry

2 |3000