question

Mark avatar image
Mark asked

BMV 700 Shows 2W When All is Off

I just installed a BMV 700 to monitor a single bank of 2 FLA GRP 27 batteries wired in parallel. A single start battery is not monitored. When I turn both battery switchs to "OFF", the BMV shows 2w on the readout. Is this a calibration issue? There is no other source of power that would provide a 2w input to the battery bank.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

If you are sure that everything is disconnected, but a small current draw is still reported, then you can perform a 'zero current calibration'. It's good practice to also physically disconnect the negative cables from the shunt to confirm this.

As you have a BMV-700 I assume that you don't have a Bluetooth interface with VictronConnect - but you can do this with option #9 on the display.

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mark avatar image Mark commented ·

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image Mark commented ·

I disconnected the shunt from the load and the readout was still showing 2W. I pressed SELECT and a message scrolled by “ A dEEPESE dISCHARG”. The readout still read 2W before and after I reconnected the load. No joy so far.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ Mark commented ·

You have to go into setup mode first by pressing setup for a few seconds.

Just read the manual.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Yes read the manual, its all there - link below;

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-BMV-700-700H-702-712-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES-SE-PT-IT.pdf

How to enter the setup menu & navigate to function #9 is below;

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image Mark Mark ♦♦ commented ·

Now showing 0W when battery is off. Thanks all!

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ Mark commented ·

No worries - good to hear.

0 Likes 0 ·