question

solarmax-canarias avatar image
solarmax-canarias asked

Wind turbine 24V -> Battery -> Orion 24/48 -> 48V LifePo4

Hello, i´ve got the option for an high quality wind turbine from sailing application (around 400W). The controller/ MPPT is and old-school but good one, not suitable for LifePo4 and neither for 48v. My idea is to build and small system as shown below - what do you think?

Maybe i could also add an shunt for measuring production.

Thank in advance!

1687720668349.png

Hydro and Wind Power
1687720668349.png (101.9 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ingo21 avatar image ingo21 commented ·

which brand is the wind turbine?

do you use it on a boat or on land? if you use it on land i would look for a 48v wind turbine with a higher output than 400watts more like 1000watts.

these marine wind turbines need a lot of wind to make 400watt and they getting really loud to do so.

0 Likes 0 ·
solarmax-canarias avatar image solarmax-canarias ingo21 commented ·
Hello,

Brand not sure, just know it’s high high quality. I’ll use it on land and have an 10m high mast. Any ideas about if the wire diagram is ok or needs something more?

0 Likes 0 ·
ingo21 avatar image ingo21 solarmax-canarias commented ·
the wiring diagram looks ok.

i still would go for a bigger 48V wind turbine especially with a 10m mast if the mast is strong enough.

as MVAS said your lead acid batteries may not like the task

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
mvas avatar image
mvas answered ·

How many days will it take, until your AGM battery becomes sulphated (useless) from being chronically discharged?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic