question

eyesup avatar image
eyesup asked

Off Grid two Multiplus

Please could I have some advice.

I am thinking of getting 2 x Multiplus II (230v). One Multiplus 48/3000 for off grid use. The other Multiplus 12/1600 for RV/caravan use.

When the RV/caravan Multiplus is not used (at home), can the two be linked together by the 12/1600 connected to the grid input of the 48/3000 in order to supply additional support to AC when the 48/3000 needs it for higher demands.

Both Multiplus will be on their own batteries one on 48v the other on 12v. I think the Multiplus 48/3000 will be able turn on the 12/1600 by remote cable when needed?

No grid/mains connection.

I am unsure of the minimum AC input (watts) for the Multiplus 48/3000, I think it is 4 amps (920watts - 230v)

Will this work. UK

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Eyesup

A better way would be to have one inverter run a separate circuit and one inverter to run the other. Both set up within the max power of each inverter.

Less likely to have problems that way.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
eyesup avatar image
eyesup answered ·

Thank you for the reply.

I would like to utilise the different systems to increase combined battery, usability and redundancy.

I do not want two different circuits this would mean two different separate systems, I think that would be more complicated in managing. Using both to the max is not a requirement and may be a limitation eg when load 2700 watts. Would it be less efficient when using two different circuits with both Multiplus’s on at the same time, eg if one circuit has a small load eg 50 watts ?.

12/1600 would be used to supplement occasionally.

Problems are mentioned what would they be ?

Many Thanks

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.