question

combinationofthis avatar image
combinationofthis asked

Multi RS Solar 48/6000/100 without grid connection

Hello,

Can Multi RS Solar 48/6000/100 also be used completely off grid (without any AC in)?

I know that there is RS 48/6000 230V Smart Solar for off grid solutions without AC in.

My purpose for asking is that I want to build solar trailer which would mostly be used on remote location with PV and batteries only. But I would like to have option for charging batteries while on the go or when there is not much sun.

offgridMulti RS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Yes, it can operate fine without an AC input.
I use my one mostly without any AC input until I decide I need some electricity from the network or from a generator.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

combinationofthis avatar image
combinationofthis answered ·

Great, thank you very much for confirming.

I was thinking that maybe in needs AC input for sinewave generation etc.

I wonder why one would use SmartSolar MPPT RS over Multi RS Solar if later can do the same thing + feed in from the grid?

I also wonder if Multi RS being HF device is any good for powering electric tools, motors and pumps? Any experience on this?

2 |3000