question

jesseasi avatar image
jesseasi asked

Victron Energy BMV-712 Sync Setting / EZGO Golf Cart

I have installed a BMV-712 on my 2023 EZGO Golf Cart - which has factory lithium batteries - two packs - each pack is 54.66ah. So I have a total of 110ah.

However - when the golf cart is parked and the key is turned to off - the system cuts the power coming from the main power terminals - thus cutting the power to the BMV.

Once the cart is powered back on - the voltage reading is correct - however the system synchronizes and assumes the batteries are back to 100%.

1. - is it ok for the BMV-712 to have the power cut off like this every time the golf cart is turned off?

2. - is there any other way for the BMV-712 to "remember" the last state of charge when power was cut off? When the cart is charging - the main terminals are turned back on so the BMV-712 does see "charge" coming to the batteries.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@jesseasi

Yes there is a way for SOC to be remembered. Update the firmware, the option is near the bottom of the page.

Do the battery terminals lose power totally, or just where the bmv is connected?

If so there is not much you can do there.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jesseasi avatar image jesseasi commented ·
Yes - it seems that when they key is turned to off - the main power terminals turn off. Thus "turning off" powering off the BMV.
0 Likes 0 ·
jesseasi avatar image jesseasi commented ·
I did find the setting to keep the last state of charge - that should really help and pretty much solve my issues. Thank you!
0 Likes 0 ·