question

wytco0 avatar image
wytco0 asked

Mounting bracket and bottom screws - Victron MultiPlus-II

I have just hung my Multiplus II on a garage wall using 3 anchors to hold the mounting bracket. Its seems very strong but looking at the minimal installation guide I think I should also use 2 screws at the bottom, I think these are just to stop it being lifted from the mount and I am not sure if they are required.

Model is a 48/5000/70-50 230V (48V - 70A Charger - 50A)

Can anyone say if they use the additional 2 screws and if so should they go through the middle of the little standoff feet and then into the wall?

I have spent ages searching for an answer to this and also watched several videos but not found and answer.

Any help much appreciated.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
janieronen avatar image
janieronen answered ·

Yes you can use bottom two screws to prevent inverter moving. Installation plate is for simplicity of hanging inverter to wall and specially if installation is not fixed wall it's mandatory to secure installation from bottom. In case you need all corners screwed directly you can open from cover and there is also screw holes at the top of the case.

You can see all four mounting screw locations at the manual https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/MultiPlus-II_GX/en/appendix.html#UUID-db965c5a-1a6e-1ebc-9ae9-fce2599e33cf screenshot-2023-06-18-at-224312.png

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.