question

bosrup avatar image
bosrup asked

VEConfigure3 will not connect to Cerbo

After selecting communications port the program says "Connect cable and switch on device" But after a short while it returns to "Please select a communications port"

I have tried a lot of different things like power up the Cerbo after selecting port. I have also tried to select directly Com1 or Com3 instead of recommended "Auto detect"

I have MK3 and VEConfigure3

VEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

VE.config is to configure VE.Bus devices like the MultiPlus or Quattro, not the Cerbo.

VEConfigure manual

What do you want to do?

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bosrup avatar image bosrup commented ·

Thanks a lot Mattias. I want to install Assistants for ESS and for controling my Solaredge. But based on what you write, I guess I have to connect my Multiplus II -inverters first.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ bosrup commented ·
1 Like 1 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas bosrup commented ·

If using the mk3 and a PC you must connect directly to the multi only. The cerbo cannot be connected. Alternatively you can use remote veconfigure through vrm if the cerbo is connected to the internet and vrm enabled. (In case of the latter, multi needs to be connected to the cerbo)

0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell derrick thomas commented ·
The Cerbo also needs to have two way communication enabled to allow remote firmware updates.
0 Likes 0 ·