question

skyliner avatar image
skyliner asked

Is the MP-II the optimal ESS solution?

I have a question regarding the optimal control of an ESS. I think that a MULTIPLUS-II (24V/3000VA) is an optimal solution for me. But since I'm not exactly familiar with all of Victron's possible solutions, there may be a more cost-effective solution that can solve the problem just as well.

I have a small Hoymiles 600W PV system that feeds directly into the grid. In addition, I have a storage system consisting of a 24V battery (8 LiFePO4 cells), which is charged via two PV panels (400Wp each) via two "SmartSolar MPPT 100/20". I can additionally feed in electricity from the battery via an inverter to support during day or at night. At the time this is done via an inverter (24V/1000W). This inverter is to be replaced by the MP-II. The power to be fed from the battery will not exceed 1000W under any circumstances.

I see the advantage of the MP-II in the fact that it can conduct the excess energy of the Hoymiles into the battery and I therefore do not have to feed in any energy and give it away. On the other hand, the MP-II should be able to feed power from the battery into the grid. And additionally allow to load the battery from the grid during poor energy from the sun.

Question: Have I overlooked a solution from Victron's wide range that is less expensive but also meets the stated requirements?

Thanks for any help

Kind Regards

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers