question

justinm avatar image
justinm asked

Quattro5000 ignoring input limit

I must have done something but my inverter is ignoring the input limit. currently using 37A when it should only be using 15a. No ESS or assistants enabled and grid is set to none. I was working on getting it to prioritize solar as my solar has been in float and not used when on shore.

I've never seen it set to passthru before

1686942897101.png

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1686942897101.png (109.7 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Give us some more informations about your system and make some screenshots of your VE.config settings.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

Oh... it's you. You might recognize my avatar from somewhere else.

AC input limit doesn't do what you think it does. If you pull loads > than the limit, it won't stop you. If you have PowerAssist enabled, powerassist will take over.

You're trying to use ESS features without ESS.

You've just never noticed passthru before. That is the default behavior. If you connect to AC input, it is passed directly to loads and any surplus is available for battery charging.

If you are trying to avoid using shore, you need to use Virtual Switch to "ignore AC input" until the criteria you describe. Once triggered, you will also have to define the criteria that reverses it.

Example:

Ignore AC input until battery voltage is 48V for 30 seconds.

Once triggered, AC input will be used to power loads and charge battery.

Once 56V is attained, ignore AC input again.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Since it is a 2x system, it would usually be around 2 x input current limit. The setting is per phase.

So to get it to around 15A you would need to set 7.5A

I do also know if it was set up with two units sometimes with wiring dimensions affects the current balance and there fore the current total. So not quite doing what you would expect.

0 Likes 0 ·
justinm avatar image
justinm answered ·

Yupp its me :) I just realized that if powerassist isn't enabled then it can't use batteries to assist... which is what powerassist is. :facepalm

I've never seen it say passthru before and my 12V doesn't and is setup the same. HMM back to diagnosing my 12V quattro issues.

2 |3000