question

hope752 avatar image
hope752 asked

reverse street light feature - mppt 75/15 or other

HI there, I'm trying to make an output load (motor) turn off at night-time (sundown) and turn on at morning time (sunrise) essentially a reverse streetlight feature. Does anyone know if this is possible with this unit or another similarly sized unit? It seems crazy that this would not be possible considering all the smarts are already built in.- just reverse the trigger stage.?

For our application we don't want to use an external timer/rely system.

thanks,

Chris.

MPPT ControllersMPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Just use a relay to invert the signal.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hope752 avatar image hope752 commented ·
I don't understand? if the controller load output is off to the motor (0 volts), how can I reverse the signal?
0 Likes 0 ·
Masquelier Pierre avatar image
Masquelier Pierre answered ·

Use the MMPT relay to activate A1 and A2 and use the contact you want to activate your motor
1687360115198.png

It is better to use MPPT solar relay with the configuration of "day/night"
1687360773643.png

In all cases you must use a big relay to activate the motor. The relais used to invert or not the signal provided by the relay's MMPT must be design to pass the high current of the motor.

1687360115198.png (18.8 KiB)
1687360773643.png (26.6 KiB)
2 |3000

hope752 avatar image
hope752 answered ·

I think I understand what you are saying, however this wont work if I want motor to turn off and on from voltage levels as well. I'll explain.

I have made a rotating solar bench. Please see Solar Bench here The bench slowly rotates around during the day time and turns off at night. I'm currently using a timer but I would really like to remove this and use streetlight feature. -This would keeps all features accessible via Bluetooth.

Bench has solar panel, Lithium battery and dc motor. I would like the bench to run during the day (motor on) - say from sunrise 7am - 6pm sunset each day and turn off at night. However I would also like the motor to turn off if the battery voltage gets below say 12.10V then turn back on at 12.2V - stops battery going dead flat. This second part is easy, but I'm not sure how to incorporate this function if I'm flipping the motor relay value like you are saying to incorporate streetlight function to control daily on/off operation?enesssolarbench-20a6114sml.jpg

2 |3000