question

Dave Dickhoff avatar image
Dave Dickhoff asked

Multiplus 2 not charging

Hello all,

I unfortunately got another problem as a result of a question about the settings in the smartshunt. After increasing the charging voltage to 28.4 in the Smartshunt settings (absorption voltage of the batteries is 28.8) my charger stopped charging. Converting works well. Restarting did not solved the problem. I can see an VE.Bus Error 8/11 report, but when I jump to that screen it is empty.
The SOC has also jumped to 100% at once. It is almost inevitable that one thing has to do with the other. Anyone have an idea how I can get the charger working again so that my batteries on the boat are fully charged again?

Thank you in advance,

Dave

thumbnail-img-7233.jpg

thumbnail-img-7234.jpg

thumbnail-img-7235.jpg

thumbnail-img-7236.jpg

thumbnail-img-7237.jpg

thumbnail-img-7238.png

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

Can you upload the inverter configuration file?

You can download it using VRM: Device list - Remote VEConfigure.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

for starters changing anything on the smart shunt will not affect the multiplus, it will affect when the soc changes to 100% as when it reaches the charged voltage it will change to 100%

you will need to look at what the settings for charging have been set in the multiplus.

the charger will start again when the battery voltage reduces to below its float voltage setting

however if you have lithium and a BMS connected then the battery's BMS maybe controlling the charge

there is also a setting under the cerbo called dvcc this also has charge control parameters.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dave Dickhoff avatar image
Dave Dickhoff answered ·

The loading has been starting during the night, maybe there is an setting in the Multiplus 2 that's prevent to much on and off switching?

2 |3000