question

Andrè Fjeld avatar image
Andrè Fjeld asked

Venus GX with one shot pulse - Autonomous Generator

Hi,

I have a generator which needs one shot pulse for start and another one for stop.

I understand that its possible with a combination with multi relays like in this link: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/auto-generator-start-stop:start

But it bothers me to use this solution, when i'm now setting up a new and clean looking power system. And it bothers me for sevral reasons.

1. Venus GX is running open source linux and is highly configurable. So it should be possible to program this pulse usage of the internal relays instead of having exstra relays for this solution.

2. Looks more messy and ads more components that can fail.

Is this possible to add to the wish list or does someone already have a solution for this?

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ben avatar image
ben answered ·

Same here. If it’s the same wire to pulse for both start and stop, you can do it with a single programmable relay, but it’s still kind of silly that we have to resort to that.

I’d like to see the control line logic separated out cleanly from the rest of the generator management module. Then it would be easier for someone to replace the former in a custom setup.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Andrè Fjeld avatar image Andrè Fjeld commented ·

Hi,

Yes its the excact same wire to pulse for both start and stop.

This would ease my setup a lot.

0 Likes 0 ·
Andrè Fjeld avatar image
Andrè Fjeld answered ·

*Bump* no one who has a solution for this?

2 |3000