question

4rvfun avatar image
4rvfun asked

Multiplus II 3000 automatically wake up charger

Hello, I have a 50 amp coach and a multiplus 3000 2-leg 120v. I am wondering if there is a way to have the charger automatically wake up when I plug in the coach, so I don't have to switch it to charge mode. I don't want to leave it on inverter mode because I don't want it to try and run the AC if the power runs out, and I don't have solar to offset the drain on the batteries when not plugged in. Is there a way to do this with the programmable relays?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Put it in charger only mode. When shore is available it will passthru to the loads as well as charge batteries, and when shore goes away it simply shuts off. Be aware in charger only mode power assist is not available.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4rvfun avatar image 4rvfun commented ·

Thank you for the response! Right now I operate it by using a remote switch inside the RV, its just an on-off switch. Is there a way to have that switch it between charger and inverter mode rather than turning it off and on? So that I don't have to go outside and get into the compartment to hit the switch on the actual unit. I thought I had included that, but I had a couple failures when posting it so I must have forgot to re-write that part.

0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas 4rvfun commented ·

I think you can do it remotely from your phone with a bt dongle, or get a gx device.

0 Likes 0 ·