question

mfw avatar image
mfw asked

Pass through

I have a 5kw quattro 24v, 800amp battery bank is smart lithium. Generator is running and charging the battery bank at around 52%

The charging is in bulk, then the charging has stopped and the quattro is in pass through mode after around 30 minutes.

This is a random thing that doesn't happen often, I have to manually turn off the quattro and restart it. Restart the genset and it will go back to bulk charging.

I am looking to find out why, what settings are required to stop this issue.

Thanks Michael winand, yacht NEBO

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Mfw

Gensets can often be troublesome if not set up correctly. And I find at high charge rates can get rejected by the Quattro/Multiplus, but might be fine just passing through loads. Take a look through this.. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

You mention 'passthrough'. Do you see this indicated somewhere, and are loads actually being served by the genset, not the inverter?

A little more info on your system components might help with diagnosis too.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mfw avatar image mfw commented ·
On pass through the load is on the genset, no charging while in pass through mode.
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ mfw commented ·

@Mfw

Where do you see this "pass through mode" indicated? You running ESS? If so, that's your problem. We can't see from here..

0 Likes 0 ·
mfw avatar image
mfw answered ·

System has a CCGX. This is showing the charge current. Batteries are 4 of 200Ah 24v smart lithium generator is a 8kva, the quattro is changing at 120amp.

Thanks for your help Michael

2 |3000