question

driaan-de-clercq avatar image
driaan-de-clercq asked

Multiplus II used for backup only without solar

Hi all,

Is it necessary to setup the ESS assistant when the Multiplus II is used for backup only without any solar?

I would only like the Multiplus II inverter to run as a backup system, so when the grid fails, the inverter should go into island mode to supply power to the loads.

We seem to struggle to setup the communication between the lithium batteries and the Cerbo gx when the system configuration is done, can this be to do with the ESS assistant not activated? As the ESS assistent primary use is for lithium batteries with Solar installed. Considering that the buadrate is set correctely on the Cerbo gx with the correct communication cables being used.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you in advance!

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) @Matthias Lange - DE

Multiplus-IIESSLithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Elimac avatar image
Elimac answered ·

I don't think the ESS is needed. You should check the "UPS Function" option and select "grid code" to none when programming the Mult with VE.Config.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.