question

docker38 avatar image
docker38 asked

skylla TG24/50 settings for lifepo4

Hi,
I plan to change our FLA bank whith is 450a to two Lifepo4 drop in 230a in parallel. Are there other settings to consider for the charger than adjusting the bulk and float voltage and putting equal time to 0 as the manual has no information for Lifepo4 batteries? As the new batteries are drop in's, I would not have acces to the bms other than via bluetooth.TIA

Skylla
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·

Not sure on the Skylla but I know mppts have some preset profile options for LiFePo4. Personally I find those a little high but a good guide.

May want to also tweak absorption time ranges depending on balancing time of BMS. And temperature compensation if you've got that enabled.

Some batteries come with guidance on this in their datasheets for this as well as the normal float/absorption voltages.

0 Likes 0 ·
docker38 avatar image docker38 matt1309 commented ·
Thx Matt, my mppt is not from Victron, I have to check that otherwise. Maybe with the detail-information from the battery-provider, I can figure out the correct settings of my Skylla charger.

0 Likes 0 ·
matt1309 avatar image matt1309 docker38 commented ·
If it's a 16 cell battery pack then I use these settings if that's helpful (very conservative in comparison to what the cells are capable of but I prefer keeping them conservative).

Absorption 55.2v (which is 3.45v per cell)

Float 54v

My absorption time is 1 hour.

I believe victron's default LiFePO4 settings are higher for both, I cant quite remember but think they use 3.6 per cell.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
docker38 avatar image
docker38 answered ·

It will be two 8 cell batteries for a 24V system, but your input of absorbtion value per cell and time is very helpfull. thx.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·
No worries. Mine are conservative settings, my BMS starts balancing at 3.45 so if you cant adjust BMS I would set absorption at whatever voltage the balancing starts at.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Skylla-IP65 product page (12v, 24v)

Skylla-i product page (24v)

Skylla-TG Charger product page (24v, 48v)

Skylla-TG GMDSS product page (24v)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic