question

morganb avatar image
morganb asked

Skylla TG 48v Settings

Hi there

I have a client wanting to charge 48v Lithium Electric tender Batteries with a Skylla or Titan charger

we are having some issues with the settings and i think i know the answer that they cant be changed but want to see if i have missed anything

current settings
boost 57.6V
absorbtion 4 hours
float 55.2v
watch Off

when the battery bank is around 50-60% SOC and 53.3V the charger goes Straight info Float when connected to the bank, the only way to overcome this is to use the WATCH setting that forces the charger to bulk every time its turned on, this is not suitable though as will cause overcharge as the genset on the main vessel is often turned on and off, is there a way to change the voltage threshold when then the charger is turned on to make an assesment what mode it should start in?

Secondly there is only a 0,4,8,12 hour settings for absorption, is there a way this can be changed to 1 hour?

i think this charger is not suitable for this application in the end but there's nothing else in the range apart form a Multiplus that may be suitable,

THanks

Morgan

Skylla
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
morganb avatar image
morganb answered ·

anyone got any ideas?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bob-s avatar image
bob-s answered ·

Hi Morgan. Did you get to the bottom of this? I have a very similar configuration that does the same thing: charge starts in Float. The charger puts out its maximum current (30A) and charges the batteries well.

However, this doesn't seem right and, like you, I have some anxiety about the compatibility of the charger for LiFePo4 batteries.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Skylla-IP65 product page (12v, 24v)

Skylla-i product page (24v)

Skylla-TG Charger product page (24v, 48v)

Skylla-TG GMDSS product page (24v)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic