question

mira avatar image
mira asked

QUATTRO 48/5000 RCD on both AC OUTS

Hello, I wondered about RCD for Quattro Outputs? They keeps tripping. It is possible to have only one of them active. Either RCD at AC-OUT1 or RCD at AC-OUT2. If I try to switch the second one ON, it will make the first one trip. The connection is very simple. No other appliances are connected before any of the RCD. As far as I know it should work, I'm really puzzled about this.

quattros.png

I siplified the scheme to not draw too many lines from three quattros. AC-OUT L1 is the same inverter as AC-OUT L1, and that goes for all 3 pcs. N is common for all Quattros OUTPUTS, including OUT1 and OUT2 (because they use single terminal at the Quattro). AC-IN Neutrals are separated for all three Quattros outputs as ther should be.

I hope this question is not answered elsewhere. All I found was input RCD tripping (I have no issue with that) or Multiplus RCD tripping, but Multiplus has not single N terminal for both AC-OUTs as far as I know.

RCDs that I use are 30 mA current rated, I even switched one of them for 300 mA current rated but it did not changed a thing. Can you please help me? I would like to start using the second output. Thank you, Miroslav, Czech Rep.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
quattros.png (63.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Robert Riebli avatar image
Robert Riebli answered ·

Hallo, haben Sie eine neutrale Verbindung zwischen AC-Ausgang 1 und AC-Ausgang 2? Das würde den Auslöser erklären

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Robert Riebli answered ·

Behind the rcd

1 comment
2 |3000

mira avatar image mira commented ·
Hello Robert, thank you for reply. Now, behind the RCD I have Neutrals separated. To be exact, there is nothing connected to the output from AC-OUT2 RCD, exactly as drawn at the drawing I attached to the post.
0 Likes 0 ·
mira avatar image
mira answered ·

And in front of RCDs I have no option how to separate Neutrals, which in my opinion makes the RCDs to trip. See this image: single-termina.jpg

My current opinion is that the fact that Neutral is common for AC-OUT1 and AC-OUT2 makes QUATTRO not possible to be connected this way. I could live with single RCD at AC-OUT1 only and simple circuit breaker at AC-OUT2. Unfortunatelly I can not see the way how to connect this as well, because of common Neutral.

single-termina.jpg (73.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Robert Riebli answered ·

Hello Mira

That's really strange. If there is nothing behind the rcd it should not trip. The rcd is connected according to the instructions, input output and neutral?

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The combined N on the input isn't the problem. From the normal grid you also have only one N and you can install as many RCDs as you want.

The problem must be somewhere on the output of the RCDs, a N to PE error or a connection between the two N.

2 |3000