question

jctibor avatar image
jctibor asked

Battery capacity on MODBUS

Hello everybody,

i am trying to read actual delivered capacity to the battery on MODBUS tcp from Venus GX in my C# application using victron multiplus + venux gx as setup. I am reading registers as follows in CCGX-Modbus-TCP-register-list-2.60.xlsx.

Battery Consumed Amphours (System) 845
Consumed Amphours 265
Deepest discharge 281
Last discharge 282
Average discharge 283
Total Ah drawn 286
Capacity 309

.. but every register returns me 0. I tried UnitID 246,247,100 ańd everything is the same.

Or Battery monitor BMV-700 / Victron Energy SmartShunt needs to be in the system?

Could you somebody help me?

Thanks

Modbus TCPbattery capacity
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·

What message does it give you on the Cerbo gx if you go into settings?

Settings -> Services -> Modbus TCP. It's likely that there's a mismatch in UnitID or register but the error message may give you a hint as to where.

If there's no error then maybe it is the fact that there's just 0 in the register and that an additional device is needed.

How are you monitoring battery in your system? I'd have thought that if the battery data shows in VRM/cerbo gx (by BMS or however you're monitoring the battery) that it would be in modbus somewhere.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
jctibor avatar image
jctibor answered ·

Hello,

it is required for BMV-700 / Victron Energy SmartShunt be in the system.

Jiri

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Modbus TCP Basics

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic