question

rpgilbert1 avatar image
rpgilbert1 asked

Multiplus deleted from device list

MultiPlus showed that firmware update was available but I got error 745 when I tried to update. I checked Victron Configure and everything seemed to be in order other than it said there were unused assistants and prompted me for deletion which I did. Then the device list showed a DELETE tag for the Multiplus. I went to the remote console and it was not on the list there so I rebooted and the Multi dropped off the Device list on VRM.

1) What happened?

2) How do I get the Multi back on the device list and functioning? When I look on the MK3-USB directly on the Multiplus, it shows that it is working - inverting/charging.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@rpgilbert1

Reboot the GX woth the MP plugged into it?

What firmware is it on? You could try a firmware update and reprogram it. Then plug it back.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rpgilbert1 avatar image
rpgilbert1 answered ·

Thanks for the response Alexandra.

MultiPlus 24/3000/70-50 120V firmware version 502. It is back on the VRM device list this morning (US CDT) but with the Delete tag. Does not show up on the Firmware Update scan.device-list.png

firmware-update.png

device-list.png (172.1 KiB)
firmware-update.png (164.4 KiB)
2 |3000

rpgilbert1 avatar image
rpgilbert1 answered ·

Restarted Cerbo GX - no change. Still showing Delete on VRM Device List and no Multiplus on Firmware Update page.

6 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

The delete button on VRM is there because the GX is no longer registering it. So that is not an issue right now.

What is the issue is the comms between the inverter and GX. That is the problem that needs to be solved.

Update the inverter with Victron connect and your mk3.

You might need to roll back the GX.

Dont do any more over the VRM, there have been a few hiccups over the last week.

0 Likes 0 ·
rpgilbert1 avatar image rpgilbert1 Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Thanks, Alexandra. Will give that a try. MK3 still showing the Multi is functioning.
0 Likes 0 ·
rpgilbert1 avatar image rpgilbert1 rpgilbert1 commented ·

Rolled back Cerbo GX to v2.94 from v3.00. Still no recognition of Multiplus on the Remote Console or VRM. Victron Connect Local shows both the Cerbo and Multi. I do have to unplug the VE.Bus cable from the Cerbo to get the Multi to show up on the Local list using the MK3 cable. Should I go back to v3.00 on the Cerbo since the rollback doesn't seem to matter?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra,

See above. I appear to have commented on myself. The rollback had no effect. Should I go back to v3.00 for the Cerbo?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ rpgilbert1 commented ·

@rpgilbert1

Try use the mk3 to usb and plug it into the usb of the cerbo like you would a computer.

Have you had a prompt to update the mk3 driver on the cerbo at all?

0 Likes 0 ·
It's always something simple. With all the cable swapping, the connector on the Cerbo end started to separate. Replaced the cable and Viola', Multiplus is back. Sorry to take up so much of your time, thanks for all your help.
1 Like 1 ·