question

roblieberman avatar image
roblieberman asked

Bosch 2.7 Gal water trips inverter..never used to

When I try to run Bosch water heater the inverter resets after 10 seconds and a message says low battery. I have 3 battle born batteries I tried to test them but they are connected together. Is worth unconnecting each one to test the batteries individually. I did not install the system. It works fine with other appliances with smaller loads. Thank you

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

With this Infos nobody can help you.

Questions:

1) what kind of battery, Voltage and Ah do you have?

2) Which Inverter do you have

3) which battery cables do you use?

4) how many Watt does the water heater have?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
@roblieberman

It would also help a lot to know what the voltage drops to under load and then recovers to. Even good batteries will show a voltage drop under a heavy load like a water heater.

Assuming the batteries are fully charged, and off charge what is the starting voltage, what does it drop to when the heater cuts out and does it recover to the starting voltage soon after the cut out.

There is a low voltage cut out setting, but I think it's only accessible via the MK3 to USB cable and VE.config software.

But it does sound like your batteries are getting tired or not being charged fully

0 Likes 0 ·