question

johanneshovda avatar image
johanneshovda asked

What happens when PowerAssist is serving loads and AC input drops?

I am planning on buying a Multiplus 24/3000/70-16 to install in a camper van.
There are a lot of AC consumers (AC, Fridge, Induction, washing machine, etc).

(AC2 will run the hot water heater, and will only ever be used when connected to shore power. Howerver, all the other devices would be useful to run (for short periods of time, not simoultanously) with PowerAssist.)

With PowerAssist, I can get 16A from Shore power plus another 13A from the inverter. So I can in theory put a 25A AC breaker on the AC1 output, and serve lots of these devices at the same time.

But, what happens to the Multiplus if I am consuming e.g. 20A and shore power gets lost for some reason?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

If the load exceeds what the MultiPlus can support on its own then it will go into overload and it will shut down.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johanneshovda avatar image johanneshovda commented ·

I'm not familiar with how the Multiplus handles overload scenarios in real life - I guess my concern is if this happens e.g every other day, will it damage the Multiplus over time, or is it more of a annoyance thing?

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ johanneshovda commented ·

It shouldn't damage it. If the load is too high it simply shuts down.
It will just be annoying for you when it shuts down. The only way around the annoyance it to size your MultiPlus to handle your maximum loads on its own.

0 Likes 0 ·