question

Dave Rae avatar image
Dave Rae asked

Multiplus-II & GENERATOR

Multiplus-II 48/10000

CCGX Running Venus 3.0

2x 150/70 MPPT,S

Generator on AC input 1

When the generator is running the icon on the display of the GX shows the generator icon, but the moving graphics that show voltage flow don't display from the generator icon to the Multiplus-II icon & when in the Multiplus-II menu the AC input shows voltage & frequency but no watts or amps, although it's charging the battery and supplying the loads ok. Also when in Generator mode the Multiplus-II AC output voltage graphic does not show either. The only graphics that are moving when in Generator mode are the ones from the Multiplus-II to the battery and from the mppt to the battery.

Any ideas?

Generator
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

are you on fw 502. and please attach some screen shots

0 Likes 0 ·
Dave Rae avatar image Dave Rae Paul B commented ·
FW481.

I'll add some screenshots asap.

Cheers.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dave Rae avatar image Dave Rae Paul B commented ·

img-20230605-133235624.jpgJust updated the Multiplus-II firmware to 502. No difference. img-20230605-133230038.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

my guess is that you also have rooftop solar as your AC out says negative 7.7 amps but the watts are not reading correctly

as to why the gen is saying zero. the gen has not synced and is not suipplying any power yet as you may have a noisy generator power. try turning week AC on and UPS off.

all seems very strange,

suggest you get a victron dealer to have a look and set things up for you.

I would also sugest that you upgrade the ccgx and the multiplus to there latest fw versions

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.