question

kubicixfactor avatar image
kubicixfactor asked

MPPT 75/10 with CYRIX CT switches off load output when engine started

First post here, hello everyone! So I've installed a Smartsolar MPPT 75/10 in my campervan and also fitted a Cyrix CT, wired with 16mm2 cable between the auxiliary and starter batteries. The load output on the MPPT runs small devices (phone charger etc). All working fine during testing.

I ran my campervan this morning with no problem. Later this afternoon I started the engine and the MPPT load output switched off almost immediately (had to disconnect everything to get it back on).

When I went out this morning the batteries would have been at around 12.5v, this afternoon they'd been charging so around 13.5v (MPPT in float mode).

I can't think why this is happening - Any ideas as to what would cause this?

MPPT SmartSolarCyrix Battery Combiner
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kubicixfactor avatar image
kubicixfactor answered ·

Hmmm, think I've sorted this (and understood a bit more about how the Cyrix works). The relay is connecting the two batteries when they're above 13v so assuming there's a surge when starting (because the auxiliary battery is helping the starter battery) which I think is tripping the Smartsolar MPPT load output. I've selected one of the user definable algorithms on the Smartsolar so it doesn't react immediately. Fingers crossed that works!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.