question

jkessenich avatar image
jkessenich asked

Steps before disconnecting Batteries

I received a new camper with 4 100Ah lithium batteries and they were placed blocking an exterior access hatch and I want to move them. To do this I need to remove the batteries to access the screws holding the boxes they are in to the floor. I have the Victron BMV-712 Smart battery monitor and the Victron MPPT 100/30 controller. I understand that in the Victron app for the solar I can disable the MPPT 100/30 charge controller, do I also need to physically disconnect the wires from the PV to the the MPPT controller before removing the wiring from the batteries or is the disconnect setting in the app sufficient? The camper is in a garage with no solar production. The battery disconnect switch will be in the off position, I will not be connected to shore power, the inverter will be off, is there anything else to do before removing the wiring from the batteries? Once I reconnect the batteries will the settings in the BMV-712 and MPPT 100/30 be cleared/reset by removing the batteries or will the two units retain the settings prior to removing the batteries?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers