question

andreholgersson avatar image
andreholgersson asked

VenusOS Large - Node Red - Upgrade node.js?

Hello! Is it supported and/or possible to upgrade node.js on a Cerbo to something more recent than v14.17.6? There are some interesting flows that I would like to add, but they rely on newer versions of node.

Node-RED
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hermann-j avatar image hermann-j commented ·

Hallo,

versuche gerade mit NodeRED (auf dem Cerbo GX) meine ersten Schritte.
Ein Frage: Wie kann man Nodes löschen? Ich habe die "node-red-contrib-knx-easy" und die "node-red-contrib-knx-ultimata" installiert und bekommen beim Löschversuch folgende Fehlermeldung:
Entfernen fehlgeschlagen: node-red-contrib-knx-easy.

Unrecognised module: node-red-contrib-knx-easy

Überprüfen Sie das Protokoll auf weitere Informationen.
Das Protokoll zeigt auch nichts erklärendes:
2023-09-19T08:42:17.603Z Entfernen : node-red-contrib-knx-easy

Was mache ich falsch bzw. was muss ich machen?

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, very hard to do yourself; I expect. But we’re working on going to a newer version. Will probably be part of v3.10

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tobedefined avatar image tobedefined commented ·

Hi, I am also looking forward for a newer version of node.js (for node-red).

Apparently node.js v14 LTS is End-of-life since end of April. I really hope the newer version will be implemented in the next version.
https://github.com/nodejs/release#release-schedule

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ tobedefined commented ·
What we’re working on is to go to v18;
2 Likes 2 ·
Lars Filusch avatar image Lars Filusch mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

@mvader (Victron Energy) the moste important knx node node-red-contrib-knx-ultimate need v19. v18 seams to be to old right now.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) ♦ Lars Filusch commented ·
If you switch to the candidate release, node v18.16.0 is included.
0 Likes 0 ·
Lars Filusch avatar image Lars Filusch Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) ♦ commented ·
i know, but i need v19
0 Likes 0 ·
Lars Filusch avatar image
Lars Filusch answered ·

i managed to updating nodes.js manually to 19.9.0

https://phoenixnap.com/kb/update-node-js-version

2 |3000

knxfriend avatar image
knxfriend answered ·

I just tried the release candidate, because I have as well the need to use KNX ultimate.
node-red-contrib-knx-ultimate is perfectly working with RC 3.10~18 and the node.js version (18.xxxx).
node-red-contrib-knx-ultimate requests v > 16.xxxx.

2 |3000

hermann-j avatar image
hermann-j answered ·

Hi, I also have the problem, I want to use KNX Ultimate and I need node.js 16 or higher. On my Cerbo I have version v3.01.

What option do I have?

1 comment
2 |3000

mr-manuel avatar image mr-manuel commented ·

As written multiple times above this is a summary of the available options:

1. update to a release candidate (beta) of Venus OS
  2. wait for the next stable Venus OS to be released
  3. Manually update https://phoenixnap.com/kb/update-node-js-version
0 Likes 0 ·