question

jaw avatar image
jaw asked

[MQTT] Looking for topic for Tank 140 sensor reading

I have a Tank 140 with connected 4-20mA water level sensor. I'm receiving data for the sensor but I'm struggling to find the readings in the MQTT server. Anyone have any pointers?

In fact, in more general terms, is there any documentation on how the MQTT server is structured?

MQTTgx 140
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Have you tried dbus-spy?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jaw avatar image
jaw answered ·

I haven't, but I'm guessing this won't address the need for tank sensor measurements to make their way to the MQTT server. I'm hoping I'm just looking in the wrong place.

2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

If mqtt is enabled, tank140 values will be present and available. Dbus-spy will show you where to find the values you are looking for in the dbus structure. Then you will know what to call with mqtt.

2 |3000

jaw avatar image
jaw answered ·

Indeed you were correct. It took a bit of hunting with the MQTT explorer, but I found them eventually.

Closing this out, make sure to include the tank/# topic if using the [targeted keep-alive method](https://github.com/victronenergy/dbus-mqtt#using-the-keepalive-method).

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Moved to modifications.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron MQTT readme

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic